Want to learn how to double coupon? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Serious couponers know the value of leveraging double coupons, so they can save even more during their shopping trips. What is this kind of coupon, and how do you use it?
Read on to save more - without the effort.
What is a Double Coupon?
A double coupon means that a coupon’s face value is doubled. For example, if you have a coupon that gives you a $1 discount, you instead get a $2 discount!
Granted, that doesn’t seem like much. However, smart coupon clippers combine a double coupon with other deals. For example, take our $1 double coupon. If your favorite brand of lotion goes on sale for $2, then you can get this bottle of lotion for free!
4 Things to Know About Double Coupons
These coupons can make it easy to buy items for virtually nothing. However, there are some things you'll want to keep in mind.
1. How to Know If a Coupon Will Double
To see if a coupon will work in this strategy, check its barcode.
- Manufacturer coupons with a barcode starting with 9 will never double
- Manufacturer coupons with a barcode starting with 5 will always double
Most of the stores that offer coupons from dispensers have barcodes that start with 9. This means that they won’t double. To find barcodes that start with 5, check the Sunday newspaper coupons.
2. What “Do Not Double” Means
Sometimes, barcodes will be labeled ‘Do Not Double,’ even those starting with 5. If you see this label, don’t worry. Some stores will double these couples anyway, depending on their policy.
All this label means is that manufacturers will only be expected to pay for the coupon’s face value. Stores can still choose to double the coupon if they want. However, it will be at the store’s expense, and not the manufacturer’s.
3. How to Find a Store That Will Double Coupon
It can be hard to find out if a store accepts double coupons. Some stores do not advertise that they have this policy. Employees may not know about the policy either.
The most reliable way to find out if your store double coupons? Ask the manager. Note that policies will depend on each individual store—one branch may double, while another will not.
4. Common Policy Limits
Before shopping, always check if a store will double coupons. Also, remember to check what limitations apply. These limits can include:
- Limiting these coupons only during events
- Coupons will only double up to a certain amount
- Coupons of this nature are limited
- You will be required to purchase a minimum amount
- You will be required to join their membership
4 Tips for How to Double Coupon Smarter
Double couponing can require a bit of planning. Here are some ways to coupon more efficiently.
- Always bring the ad that mentions a store’s double coupon policy.
- Ask if they accept competitor’s coupons. At the very least, they may price match.
- Organize your cart before checking out. In this way, you can check if a coupon was doubled as items are scanned.
- Determine if the coupons give you enough extra savings to cover the sales tax. The tax amount will depend on your state.
Why Sunday Coupon Inserts?
Finding the right coupons can be hard. To save you the hassle, Sunday Coupon Inserts is here for you. By providing weekly subscription packs, you can just choose a pack and wait for the coupons to be delivered straight to your door.
No more scouring dispensers or looking through newspapers! All you need to do is sit back, relax, and wait for your savings to arrive.