You may have heard about Ibotta – but do you know how to use the Ibotta app to achieve impressive savings on your next shopping trip?
This nifty app can increase your savings and lower the prices of all your items. That is, so long as you know the right tips and tricks for leveraging it.
So, where do you start? What is it, and how can you use it best?
Read on to find out.
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is a coupon and cash-back shopping app. It can be downloaded for free on both iOS and Android devices. Learning how to use the Ibotta app is simple – just complete tasks, then earn cash-back rewards! The more tasks you finish, the more rewards you get.
6 Amazing Ibotta App Benefits
The Ibotta app has many amazing benefits.
Let’s take a look at 6 of them.
- High average earnings: Ibotta reports earnings of $20 to $25 per user in the first month. That’s a fair dent in your shopping cost! That’s not including the loyalty program and coupon earnings you can get.
- Weekly offers: New offers are released weekly, every Wednesday, spread throughout the day, so be sure to check in often during that first 24 hours.
- Stack Ibota on top of store and brand offers: Ibotta doesn’t care if an item is on sale. You will still get rebates on items as if they were at full price.
- Faster rebate redemption: Ibotta allows you to manually upload a picture of your receipt as proof of purchase. However, there are now more ways to redeem offers that are faster and more streamlined. These include loyalty card integrations, QR codes, and even automatic rewards for in-app purchases.
- Teamwork bonuses: Ibotta lets you increase savings when you use the app in a group. That’s on top of all the benefits of having a group, like increased accountability and even making new friends. Plus, these teamwork bonuses stack on top of other bonuses and offers.
- Integrate with in-house loyalty programs: Learning how to use the Ibotta app is rewarding on its own. However, using it alongside loyalty programs increases your rewards considerably. Not only that, Ibotta allows for seamless integration with some loyalty cards as well.
How to Use the Ibotta App
Learning how to use the Ibotta app is quick and easy. Here are six steps to get you started:
1. Offers Section
To start, click on the Ibotta logo on your app. This will open the Offers section.
The Offers section is the most important part of the app. It shows a list of the products with offers. Alongside the product is the amount you can earn back for each item.
2. Earn $-- Bar
When you find a product you like, tap on the Earn $-- bar. This will open a window that will show you the task you need to complete in order to earn money. The more tasks you perform, the bigger the cash-back.
These tasks are quick and easy to perform. They can range from snapping a photo of your receipt to watching a video or writing a product review.
3. Store Extras
After checking the offers section, check the Store Extras section next. This section will list offers that are specific to each store.
These product listings will also have a number of tasks to complete per product. Once finished, these tasks will be transferred to the Checklist.
Finished tasks will be transferred to the Checklist section of your app. Once tasks are in the Checklist, simply purchase the products from each corresponding task.
5. Proof Of Purchase
Once the item is purchased, you will need to deliver a proof of purchase. This is mainly done through the Redeem button. However, there are other ways to provide proof of purchase.
- Redeem button: To do this, tap the Redeem button on the bottom of the screen. Then, select the store where you purchased the product. Follow the instructions to submit a photo of your receipt and scan the product’s bar codes.
- QR codes: A faster way to redeem offers is through QR code scanning. Some stores, like Walmart and Best Buy, provide a QR code along with every receipt. Simply scan the code with your phone, and your rebates will be credited within 48 hours.
- Loyalty store card: If you linked your loyalty store card with your Ibotta app, providing the proof of purchase becomes automatic. However, not all loyalty store cards can be linked.
- Within the app/Ibotta retailers: You also have the option to purchase a product within the app or through one of Ibotta’s retailers. Doing this provides an automatic reward for most purchases.
6. Redeem Rewards
Once the proof of purchase is verified, you can redeem your rewards. You can do this in two ways. First, you can transfer the money to your Paypal. Alternatively, you can cash it in for a gift card.
4 Tips to Use Ibotta Better
How do you maximize the use of your app? Here are 4 tips to help you use Ibotta faster and earn bigger rewards.
- Scan receipts properly: To receive rewards faster, scan your receipts properly. All this takes is a flat surface and good lighting. While you’re at it, get in the habit of folding your receipt instead of crunching it up. Fewer creases mean faster verification.
- Scan products: Even when you’re still at the store, get in the habit of scanning. Scanning products with the app will let you know if there is an available deal. If you’re ever on the fence about buying a product, scan its barcode.
- Stack with manufacturer’s coupons: Did you know that you can use Ibotta rebates with manufacturer’s coupons? Even with a coupon, Ibotta will give you the full rebate value. This means that you can get rebates for a value bigger than what you actually paid for. To do this, simply use your manufacturer’s coupon at checkout. Then, upload your receipt to the Ibotta app.
- Stack with other apps: If you really want to stack your rebates, use Ibotta along with other rebate apps. You can scan the same receipt into other rebate apps to get even bigger rewards.
Why Sunday Coupon Inserts?
Learning how to use the Ibotta app can improve your shopping experience, earning you even greater savings. However, those savings can be boosted even more with the right coupon collection.
Sunday Coupon Inserts can help you get started with their Weekly Subscriptions. Simply sign up, pick your coupon packets, and enjoy coupons sent straight to your door every Sunday. Stack these coupons on top of Ibotta rewards, and you’ll be saving like a pro.